Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

I've been trying to watch the movie "Miss Potter" for months. It's one of those movies that I have to bring into the house at the proper time, to prevent marital unrest. It seemed like tonight was the night: husband is mildly ill, swamped with work, and looking forward to playing Age of Empires for a couple hours before falling into a Nyquil fog.

Me: Hi. Will you watch Miss Potter with me tonight?
Him: Miss Potter. What's that about?
Me: Love in the 19th century. And Aunt Jemima Puddleduck.

I would say it has Renee Zellwegger but that is not a selling point. He likes to see the whole pupil, if you know what I mean.

Him: Um, yes. Whatever. I'm probably going to die in a few minutes anyway.
Me: YES! I promise, you don't even have to watch it. You can pretend to watch while you play the game. And I won't bring any more chick movies into the house this year.
Him: Urg.

AND AFTER ALL THAT. THE DISK WAS CRACKED. CURSED BLOCKBUSTER ONLINE. CRACKED.

So we watched "Trust the Man" on HBO On Demand instead. It was actually pretty great. Applause, David Duchovny. Applause to you.

3 comments:

  1. I have been trying to watch Miss Potter for weeks. My husband seems to suffer from selective deafness every time I bring it up.
    Dh: "What do you want to watch tonight?"
    Me: "How about Miss Potter? I've been wanting to watch it for a while."
    Dh: "Oooo, I found a rerun of Cops."

    So your dh doesn't appreciate the Zellweger squinty look?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarla Devi understands the pain of his guests and desire to reduce their pain within the shortest possible time. She realizes that as she is suffering from that pain.

    Vashikaran

    ReplyDelete